Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Insulation hatch on complex profiles

I want this insulation bit on a complex profile to be drawn as belonging to a vertical wall, and I can't get it to work by rotating the shape or the hatch vector. It seems to follow the orientation of the rectangle —the moment I stretch it or trim it so that it is shorter than wider (as in the second picture), the symbol rotates as if it belonged to a horizontal wall. I must be missing something obvious.Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.41.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-16 at 11.42.06 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mathias Jonathan
Advocate

if you add hotspots on the two longest sides of your fill in order to break those sides in smaller segments than the smallest sides, it will rotate the orientation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Mathias Jonathan
Advocate

if you add hotspots on the two longest sides of your fill in order to break those sides in smaller segments than the smallest sides, it will rotate the orientation.

DGSketcher
Legend

This is tied in with the "Fit to skin" logic. In these situations I find the fill will rotate to parallel with the longest side. So as the previous post, look at breaking your fills down to suit alignment requirements and try to avoid perfect squares...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)