Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interactive Schedule-minor problems

rgarand
Booster
Hello all,

I have generated a door schedule which feels and looks the way I want it. I am now having trouble with one door when I am in the interactive schedule preview window. The one door is greyed out and nothing is editable. All of the other doors within the preview window have certain editable cells except this one. Any thoughts on this?

TIA
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
11 REPLIES 11
Karl Ottenstein
rgarand wrote:
I have generated a door schedule which feels and looks the way I want it. I am now having trouble with one door when I am in the interactive schedule preview window. The one door is greyed out and nothing is editable. All of the other doors within the preview window have certain editable cells except this one. Any thoughts on this?
Hi Rob,

Good meeting you last week. The usual reason that elements in the I.S. can not be edited is that they reside on hidden or locked layers, or the elements themselves have been locked. The unusual reason is that their parameter names do not match the parameters set up in the Fields tab.

Is the troublesome door a different version than the doors that work? (I.e., are the working doors 81 doors, but the troublesome door an old 70 one?) Screenshot of Fields dialog and Preview?

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rgarand
Booster
Karl,

Thanks for the info. The door in question happened to be in a layer that was off in my Door Schedule view set, as soon as I turned on the layer the door and all editable settings became available in the schedule.

Thanks!

I really appreciate you coming to the big city to share your knowledge with us. It was worth every penny.
Robert J. Garand
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Karl Ottenstein
rgarand wrote:
I really appreciate you coming to the big city to share your knowledge with us. It was worth every penny.
Thanks a lot, Rob! Airfare and hotels pump the overhead up, so one always worries about providing value. Wish we had had another day to cover even more things. Maybe this fall! 😉

Glad the schedule fix was easy! 😉

Thanks again.

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rgarand
Booster
Karl,

One other question. We have used your techniques from the seminar to add another paramater value to a zone identifier object. We see the parameter in the object parameters(within the library manager). We now want to add this parameter to the door schedule. The problem is, we can't find this parameter anywhere. Is there a special secret or "black magic" way to see the parameter in the additional parameters dialog box?
Robert J. Garand
Karl Ottenstein
rgarand wrote:
We now want to add this parameter to the door schedule. The problem is, we can't find this parameter anywhere. Is there a special secret or "black magic" way to see the parameter in the additional parameters dialog box?
Yes. 😉

OK, tempting as it is to leave it at that ... 😉 ... when you are in the Fields tab of the IS settings, click the Additional Parameters button, switch to browse by Subtype, find the Zone Stamp as shown in the attached screenshot, and select your custom stamp ... and all of its params will be listed in the lower list. UNLIKE the screenshot, you want to deselect everything except the param(s) that you want ... otherwise you'll have to waste a bunch of time deleting all of the params that you don't want from your field list.

Karl
rgarand
Booster
Karl,

That worked great. We are now on our way to really getting these interactive schedules to work for us. Lono and I have been able to develop our door and interior finish schedules. We have also start to think about our door, window and louver types schedules/lists. With your help, we have been able to cross link 100% of the variables we like to see in our schedules. 75% or more of those variables are numbers that are generated by ArchiCAD and are no longer user input values...which translates to TIME SAVINGS for us. The Pres and VP are quite pleased to see the program working efficiently.

Is there anything online that describes existing variables and how and what they do? I have found the information for developers, i.e. the API info, would the above info be available in that kit?
I know I may be getting in over my head...but I like to understand what the objects and variables are doing for me. I then can make them work for me that much better.
Robert J. Garand
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used ArchiCad since 1992. I feel that I'm fairly proficient. However I could use some help getting the scheduling to work best for me. It sounds like there is a lot to learn from the ArchiCad University. When and where is the next one?
Djordje
Ace
outpostarc wrote:
It sounds like there is a lot to learn from the ArchiCad University. When and where is the next one?
You might find out here:

http://www.archicad-university.com/

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rgarand wrote:
Is there anything online that describes existing variables and how and what they do? I have found the information for developers, i.e. the API info, would the above info be available in that kit?
I know I may be getting in over my head...but I like to understand what the objects and variables are doing for me. I then can make them work for me that much better.
There is one on ArchiGuide:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/listingparameters.html

It lists all the parameters that are available for thevarious elements in the Set Up List Schemes Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27