BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Font changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are using AC15 but have noticed this in previous versions as well.
The font used in the interior elevation symbol changes when the file is opened on a different machine. We have been using Graphite Light as our standard font. If the symbol font is changed to a more traditional/universal font like Arial, the font will hold as the file is opened on different machines. Any way to deal with this short of having all our interior elevations fonts be different from the rest of the file? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Sounds like you need to install the Graphite Light font on the other machines.
If Archicad can not find a font that has been used then it will substitute another in its place (usually Arial).

If you are using this font in places other than the interior elevation marker (i.e. just plan text on the plan) and that is opening fine on the other machines then sorry I have no idea what is happening.
But if that text is changing as well then I am 99.9% sure you don't have the font installed on the other machine.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry-thanks for the input but the font is already installed on the other machines. We do in fact use Graphite Light throughout the drawings - notes, labels, section & elevation marker, etc. and it holds from one machine to another. It's just the interior elevation symbol that changes. It does not always substitute the same font and it certainly isn't selecting a "standard" font like Arial. It often grabs some really odd scrolling or scripting fonts. Odd.
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
We have this exact problem with AC14.

Our typical font for everything is Arial Narrow yet for some reason the interior elevation marker would change the font on some computers. The strangest part is that the font it changed to was always different and seemingly completely random yet it only did it on certain computers (even if they were identical).

We skipped from AC14 to AC17 so I can't comment on AC15 but I can say that we haven't had the problem in AC17 or AC18.
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
Learn and get certified!