Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Maker not adjstable ?

When placing an interior elevation marker I can make it any length I want, however after it is placed I can not adjust the ends of it to show a different width of interior elevation ? Is this how it is supposed to work ? I think we should be able to select a node on the end of the marker and adjust it to change the width of the interior elevation. ??

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

23 REPLIES 23
Laura,
It's the dashed lines that you want to move, not the solid ones. Treat the dashed lines like editing a slab edge. (i.e. don't try to move with the corner nodes, or it will get out of square and the markers will evaporate.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yep -- tried that -- doesn't do a damn thing to the limits of the Viewpoint.

I say it's a bug.

Thanks for your help, tho
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Gus
Newcomer
This helped me a bit:

View/On-Screen View Options/Show Drafting & Editing Aids

I would love to see the statistics on how much time was spent learning to draft once in the old-days vs. time spent relearning how to draft every year nowadays.

Nothing raises my blood pressure like the Interior Elevation Tool.
When will Graphisoft stop adding flashy useless stuff for marketing, and some possible distant AI future (where we won't have jobs anyway), and start focusing on making the most commonly used tools intuitive?

We can't afford to spend all of our time learning how to use the same tools over and over again every year. Things like this are killing the profession, by stressing everyone out all day every day.

Sometimes I wonder if Graphisoft employs any actual working architects to explain how we use these tools in real life.
Screenshot (46).png
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
Gus
Newcomer
And now an interior window which used to be in my interior elevation just disappeared and I can't get it to show up in the IE, even though it shows up everywhere else.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down