BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Marker/can't move to another layer?

rob2218
Enthusiast
Okay so here's what I've got interior elevation markers that I placed on the plan I'm using ArchiCAD 18 and I can't move these elevation markers to a different layer .
My layers are not lockrd. this is ArchiCAD 18 I have the latest hot fix
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to select all of the markers that are linked (ie. in the same room) to be able to change layer.
rob2218
Enthusiast
But these are individual single interior elevation markers they aren't linked there individual
"s2art" wrote:
You have to select all of the markers that are linked (ie. in the same room) to be able to change layer.[/quote
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
The interior elevation markers I'm using are the ones that are the single marker that basically point to one interior elevation they are grayed out when I touch them and cannot move them to another layer
rob2218 wrote:
But these are individual single interior elevation markers they aren't linked there individual
s2art wrote:
You have to select all of the markers that are linked (ie. in the same room) to be able to change layer.[/quote
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
If your elevation extent has an infinite horizontal range you can select anywhere along the limit line.
If it has a limited horizontal range then you must select it at the ends of the limit line.
Why I don't now.

Or in the Project Map you can right click on the elevation and choose to select and zoom to marker.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
here's what my interior elevation "single" marker looks like.
it wont allow me to change it to a different layer. Can't use the "hammer" if I try to do a "cut/paste" Archicad crashes bigtime!

here's what the screen looks like.
it's the oddest thing.
I'm convinced it's a bug GS has to address ASAP!
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
and heres' what the Selection Settings dialogue box looks like. ALSO greyed out...........Graphisoft...what the heck is going on?
Interior-Elevation-marker-error-settings-selection-small.jpg
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
I am not having any trouble with rotated elevations but you must select exactly on the ends of the limit line.

Barry.
interior_elevation_select_2.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
rob2218
Enthusiast
I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by "selecting the 'end' of the elevation line"?
I mean...no matter where I touch the elevation marker....line, marker bubble, other line....it wont activate the "Selection Setting" dialogue box....to be able to change the layers...etc...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
When you first select the section line you must click on the end nodes of the limit line.
Once you have it selected by clicking anywhere else it is too late - you have to let it go and select it at the end of the line.
You ill see a black node at each end of the limit line if you have selected it there correctly (as image attached).

Otherwise just right mouse click on the elevation in the Project Map and choose to "Select Interior Elevation Marker..."

Barry.
interior_elevation_select_3.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!