BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Marker - wont allow me to move node

rob2218
Enthusiast
so...I have a "single" interior elevation marker.
when I click on the marker I see the "nodes" on the ends lit up black...meaning...I assume...I can grab that node and slide it left or right....but...its not allowing me to do that.
WHY?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
Erich
Contributor
The length of the interior elevation is controlled by the extent line that runs along the wall not through the marker. You may need to make that line visible (depending on your work environment) by setting the Marker Range parameter to the on state.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Erich,
where do I find that dialogue box you show on your comment?
Erich wrote:
The length of the interior elevation is controlled by the extent line that runs along the wall not through the marker. You may need to make that line visible (depending on your work environment) by setting the Marker Range parameter to the on state.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
OK, I found where that toggle is....now....isn't it stupid to NOT be able to slide the node from either the "marker" or that "invisible" line which is so obscure?

I mean....seriously? the programmer couldn't program in the node to be "slidable" (adjustable along the length of the marker)? really....guys?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
by the way...thanks for coming thru in a pinch. I think I owe you another "starbucks" card
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
rob2218 wrote:
OK, I found where that toggle is....now....isn't it stupid to NOT be able to slide the node from either the "marker" or that "invisible" line which is so obscure?

I mean....seriously? the programmer couldn't program in the node to be "slidable" (adjustable along the length of the marker)? really....guys?
Interior Elevations are different from the standard sections and elevations.
When you place a standard section/elevation you nominate the actual section/elevation line first and then nominate the extent.
When you place an interior elevation you nominate the extent first and then the location of the view.

In both cases it is the first nodes that you place that determine what is being cut or looked at and it is those points that are adjustable.

I am not sure why when you select an IE view line (marker) that the nodes on the extend don't show as well.
I agree with you that the extents of an IE can be hard to see (even with the marker range visible) as they generally sitting on top of a wall.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
I think what happened was is that they stuck a bunch of programmers in a room, told them "hey, 'try' to make the interior elevation markers work like section markers...." but they didn't listen. I mean..an IE is the same a as section marker.....HECK make that darn object function like the section marker for Petes sake!.
Barry wrote:
rob2218 wrote:

Interior Elevations are different from the standard sections and elevations.
When you place a standard section/elevation you nominate the actual section/elevation line first and then nominate the extent.
When you place an interior elevation you nominate the extent first and then the location of the view.

In both cases it is the first nodes that you place that determine what is being cut or looked at and it is those points that are adjustable.

I am not sure why when you select an IE view line (marker) that the nodes on the extend don't show as well.
I agree with you that the extents of an IE can be hard to see (even with the marker range visible) as they generally sitting on top of a wall.

Barry.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!