Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Markers - Layers/Visibility question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have generally used the section tool for interior elevations in the past however I decided to try using the Interior Elevation tool. Everything works OK except the markers appear on both the 1:100 floor plans and the 1:20 detail plans - which are a live view of the main plan.

There doesn't seem to be any way to turn the markers on or off as you can with the sections and elevations via the layers. It says that the IEs are on the ArchiCad layer and thus cannot be turned off.

I don't know if I'm missing something - however it seems like this is a bit of a problem.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to put them on a layer that can be turned off.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply - however this is where I'm stuck.

I can't see any option to change the layer for the IEs away from "ArchiCad" which is greyed out????
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ian:

This is a guess, but there have been other posts where Cadimage add-ons have created layer problems. It should not be possible for the ArchiCAD layer to be greyed out (meaning it is locked), so if you have any Cadimage add-ons try unloading them to see if this allows you to change the layer of the Interior Elevation.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, in fact I have been using Cadimage tools for many years (since they used to be called Theometric) and generally like the way they work. So this could be the problem - I understand from what you are saying that the normal operation of IEs allows the marker to be placed on any layer with visibility on or off.

I tried unloading but there is only gives the option to unload certain Cadimage components and it made no difference. Then I tried removing the Cadimage library from the loaded library but this didn't change the way the IE behaved.

I need to get a job finished so I've figured out a workaround where I use different pen sets - with the marker pens set to white in the 1:100s but this seems a bit clumsy - so I'd like to get it sorted out. I will contact Cadimage directly to see if they have anything to offer - meanwhile any other tips to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I have sorted it out. When you have a number of IEs together as part of a room set - you have to select the IE set as a whole by selecting the marker range to be able to change layers. If you select just one IE of the set individually the layer dialogue is greyed out - presumably to prevent you having different IEs of the same set on different layers.

Cadimage Add-ons don't have anything to do with it.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ian:

Thanks for posting the solution. This makes sense as the individual interior elevations are part of a unit. When selecting a single elevation the Layer assignment in the Info Box is active, but trying to change the layer there just results in the layer reverting to its original assignment. It makes better sense to me that the layer assignment in the Info Box also be greyed out when an individual elevation is selected.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Arcadia
Booster
Sorry to restart an old thread but I was just now getting this issue too but my problem is not with grouped markers but individual. I don't normally place them on the archicad layer but I did this time by mistake and then I couldn't move them and the layer selector was greyed out. I managed to get around it by deleting the marker then hitting the undo button to get it back then it went back to normal state and I was able to change the layer. Weird.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Arcadia
Booster
Oh of course I had to add in a couple of notes that I had had in the elevation and recreate the view but in this case it was quickly done.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I think I have a fix Here.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB