BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Tag Annotation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to get the Interior Elevation tags to automatically annotate to a specific drawing scale? For example I am placing enlarged plans on Interior Elevation Layouts and the interior elevation tags are not automatically scaling up with the drawing. I am in ArchiCad 15. Besides duplicating the tags and designating them to another layer does anyone have suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
By "tag", I assume you are referring to the IE Marker Head? After I place an interior elevation marker on a plan view, then place this plan view on the layout at both; 1/4 and 3/4 scale. The elevation marker shows up at the correct scale on both plans. That is to say, the marker symbol is the same paper size in both layouts and and the text is rescaled to the layout.

To place different size markers on the layouts is not SOP. For example a 3/4" circle was a fairly common marker size in the offices, and it was used for all markers, whether elevations, sections, details, plan enlargements etc. The paper size of the marker was always 3/4". Well laid out sheets should be visually consistent.

Placing different sized markers is not good workflow nor does it produce consistent drawings. The extra steps make it almost certain you will get tripped up after extensive edits followed by a rush print job. Not to mention that you are going to have a duplicate set of IEs floating around.
Markers - Paper size.png
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
killmertravis,

Mark's comments are valuable and to be heeded but if you ever run into a circumstance where you need to enlarge or shrink everything, including the markers, you can. Drawings can be scaled either in the source view or in the drawing settings. If you change the scale of the source view the annotations and markers will remain at paper size as Mark explains. To make annotations and markers shrink or grow with the rest of the drawing, go to the Layout, select the drawing, right-click and choose "Drawing Selection Settings". Under the Properties panel you can set the Drawing Scale. By doing this, everything in the drawing will scale up or down on the sheet, including the markers and annotations.

HTH
Scale Drawing Settings.png
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Learn and get certified!