BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation & Zone affiliation in migrated 15 project

cgrimley
Contributor
I migrated a teamwork project from 14 to 15 and came across a few issues, some resolved, but this one isn't. What's happening is I've got a interior elevation marker that I created based on the built in IE marker from 10 (its worked fine from 10 thru 14), with a few tweaks to make it look like we want it. When I brought this project into 15, even with the 14 libraries, the marker loses affiliation with the zone name and number its placed in. I found a temporary fix which was to move the cut line of the elevation just a little bit and that re-found the zone name and number. I thought "Great, that wasn't so bad." But every time I've opened the project I have about half of my interior elevations are showing the name as '#Zone Name #Zone Number'. And its not always the same interior elevations that this happens to.

I wanted to post this to see if anybody else has a similar experience when migrating from 14 to 15, whether or not they are using a custom IE marker.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I've got that going on too. What is odd is that it is not all the IE's, and not all the views in each IE.
It's not only Zone #, but also <number> and <orientation> auto text doesn't work either, so it may be an autotext issue. I've tried to figure out how and where this linkage is established, but to to avail yet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, this is weird. Thanks for pointing this out Casey. I am glad to know it's probably a bug or something and not user error.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issues-I started a project in 14, migrated to 15, and none of my auto text for interior elevations 'stick' from session to session.

At first, I associated it from swapping from desktop to laptop, to take teamwork project home to work on...assumed it was this transition which was causing an issue. But now, I can 'fix' the elevation bug, leave teamwork, and when I join teamwork again, on same computer, I have lost that association.

I have gone so far as to make all my bubbles to be 15 library parts; problem does not go away.

-Kathleen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I came across this problem last year in October or so, has anyone found a decent work around or fix to it yet?

I have 450 or so rooms of which I must draw up interior elevations. Manually fixing the zone names will be TEDIOUS, time consuming, NOT BIM and reminds of autocad

it was also reported here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=37226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&st...

no fix yet? Come on GS!
cgrimley
Contributor
Mark, Seems like the only work around is to use 'Custom' in the marker name and name the marker yourself. Very tedious I know, but it is what it is until Graphisoft fixes the problem.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a very frustrating "BUG" in ACAD15 concerning Interior Elevation's linked to Zones. Every time I close and re-open a BIM 15 Project all my interior Elevation numbering disappears.
You then have to modify the perimeter of that room Interior Elevation (on each room) or the zone perimeter, to get it back:

Graphisoft has told me that it is project related, so I packaged it and sent it to them... had no response yet! This happens to me when I turn a normal project into a BIM Teamwork project. I will try and save it as a normal project again... sometimes changing one zone and then using the "Update Zone" brings back the names... Frustrating!!!
BIM - Zones_ACAD15.jpg
Learn and get certified!