BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior details in 2D

dhnguyen
Contributor
I'm drawing interior details & elevations in 2D on 1 story... let's stay story 8. They need to be at different scales for the text/arrow/dimensions to show up properly. How do you do yours so that you don't end up creating many different stories because different details need to be at different dimensions?
I am using this 1 stories for many things, like door elevation, partition schedule, etc.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
One drawing in one Detail (tool not floor plan) this way AC can control Detail number and Layout ID without going crazy. User Trace/Ref to coordinate
Your workflow is not recommended for AC, it works for Autocad but it is too slow, complicated and cumbersome.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

dhnguyen
Contributor
wow, i'm glad i asked the question. I have been doing it wrong for almost a year! it was a painful process for me. Thank you.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
Barry Kelly
dhnguyen wrote:
wow, i'm glad i asked the question. I have been doing it wrong for almost a year! it was a painful process for me. Thank you.
Model as much as you can in 3D.
Place a section or internal elevation marker and most of your internal elevations will be done already.
You may need to add just a little 2D linework and some annotation.

For enlarged floor plan details (room layouts), I use separate annotation layers for each scale.
Set up layer combinations to switch between them.
You can then save a view with the correct layer combination and scale already set for you.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!