Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Internal Elevations - setting up plan views, organisation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, just a few questions about internal elevations:

1. I want to be able to isolate a portion of a 1:100 floor plan (for example, a bathroom) so that it can be set up on the same sheet as its appropriate internal elevations, then re-scaled to 1:50, as well as have notes added and dimensions. What is the best way of going about this?

2. What is the best method to organise the setting up of internal elevations? The method I am using at the moment is to draw section lines from internal wall to internal wall, as well as setting a height limit in the section settings. If I happen to have a sloped ceiling, I then draw white fills over the portion of the ceiling that needs covering (in sectional view). Is this the right way of doing things- thanks
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Olivia:

1. Create a new layer combination for this view, with a layer dedicated to the elevation symbols, notes and dimensions for this plan view. Then create a new view with this layer combination, model view options, dimension preferences and scale. when you place this view on a layout, you can reduce the boundaries to show just this room.

2. I do this the same way. I am now using a series of white pens that are slightly larger than the lines I need to cover to mask unwanted lines.

HTH

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Olivia wrote:
Hi, just a few questions about internal elevations:

1. I want to be able to isolate a portion of a 1:100 floor plan (for example, a bathroom) so that it can be set up on the same sheet as its appropriate internal elevations, then re-scaled to 1:50, as well as have notes added and dimensions. What is the best way of going about this?

If you have lots of bathrooms that are the same you could use a Hotlinked module but that may over complicate what you're trying to achieve. It should be easier for you to create a couple of view sets to show these bathrooms at your prefered scale and create a layer combination to hide or show the corresponding text and dims according to scale. Then you can place your veiws onto layouts and trim the drawing window to the boundaries of each bathroom.