BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Invisible in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i have this problem where i have been working on a drawing for a while and now after playing with the alignment of a texture on a piece of wall (trying to make a companys sign to put on wall over entrance) i have lost the Perspective 3D view - its just blank - axonmetric works fine but i need the Perspective view to render off the finished article.
This has happened before and a freind suggested it might be to do with the render engine but that didnt help and i had to draw the whole thing again from scratch to avoid the problem....HELP!!!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand your problem correctly: When you switch to 3D window you don't see your model anymore (in perspective mode), than you should try this:

1. on the plan window zoom to your model
2. press ctrl+shift+3
3. in the model preview window press alt+left MB to place target and shift +leftMB to place camera
4. go to 3D window (make sure you don't select any particular object)
5. adjust view if needed than press small triangle in navigator pallete and place your camera

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks tigr that helped

not sure what ctrl-shift-3 does (nothing on my pc & AC10 anyway) but going into that camera box and alt-clicking and shift-clicking worked fine...cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad I could help.
Ctrl+Shift+3 is a shortcut for perspective settings, but actually it is quicker to click the icon , some habits never change.

Cheers
Djordje
Ace
Ctrl Shift F3 in 10 ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
aha! F3...thanks Djordje
Anonymous
Not applicable