BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Invisible line types

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to create invisible line types, when i try this, i Just make some new dashed line with minimal dash (,001) and a huge gap (10000,0), but, when i use this, at the corners of objects appear a point, at the middlepoints too...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
A dashed line with a tiny dash and a large gap using a zero thickness pen is one option as you have discovered.

Another is that any line using a white pen will not print (again thick or thin pen depending on whether you are trying to hide other elements or not).
Use the display order options to bring it forward in front of other elements to hide them if necessary or send it backwards if you don't want it to interfere with other elements.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
A dashed line with a tiny dash and a large gap using a zero thickness pen is one option as you have discovered.

Another is that any line using a white pen will not print (again thick or thin pen depending on whether you are trying to hide other elements or not).
Use the display order options to bring it forward in front of other elements to hide them if necessary or send it backwards if you don't want it to interfere with other elements.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The white pen is a great idea!!! i've not figure that, now i think a graphic override on the lines i want to turn invisible and make these on the background pen, that is white, thank you so very much!!!! (Sorry for the bad english)
Learn and get certified!