Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Invisible walls in layout (AC22)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
I can't see walls in a layout view. I pin the drawing of a plan to my layout and there are no visible walls. I think I have tried everything (which obviously is not true 😉 ) and found no solution. Any help?
Piotr T
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Select the drawing in the layout, right click and choose 'open source view'.
If it opens correctly then the view settings are OK.
If not then it is the view settings that is the problem.
Make sure the view is set to the correct Layer Combination, Renovation Filter, Graphic Override Combination.

I assume you are saving a view of your plan and then placing that view with the drawing tools on your layout.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You Barry!

I've found that I have used a wrong "construction stage" layers scheme.

For placing the drawing in my layout I use the attach drawing, or place drawing, (I'm sorry, I don't know how this tool is called in english). It is this one (You will probably name it by it's icon):

Piotr
Barry Kelly
Piotr wrote:
Thank You Barry!

I've found that I have used a wrong "construction stage" layers scheme.

This one is called the Renovation Filter

Piotr wrote:
For placing the drawing in my layout I use the attach drawing, or place drawing, (I'm sorry, I don't know how this tool is called in english). It is this one (You will probably name it by it's icon):
This is the "Link Drawing To..." icon.
It allows you to link an already placed drawing to any other view.
Re-linking to a different view will change the renovation filter and other settings (layers, etc.) as these are all saved with each view.

To place a drawing you should use the "Drawing" tool in the tool bar - or I just drag a view from the view map onto an open layout page.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Szabolcs Miko
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I recall an issue in AC21, where if the Source View was open at the same time as the Layout, certain elements didn't show. That issue was related to Renovation Filters. The way to test it is to close the source view and update the Layout. Could it be that that is the issue?

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager