Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Is there a place where people share surfaces?

Gus
Newcomer
ArchiCAD doesn't seem to come with a whole lot of surfaces. Cedar T&G for ceilings or walls for example. Is there a place where ArchiCAD users share surfaces they find or create? Also, is there a similar place for building materials, complex profiles etc. I know there are objects out there but I can't find any places for surfaces and building materials.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
7 REPLIES 7
adamsb
Newcomer
Have you tried using bimcomponents.com? It even has a weblink at the bottom of the object dialog box.
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
Barry Kelly
adamsb wrote:
Have you tried using bimcomponents.com? It even has a weblink at the bottom of the object dialog box.
I am not sure that BIM Components link works.
I can only find surfaces when I search - so far I have only found one.
Clicking on the BIM Components link takes me to the web site but I can see no surfaces there.

If you have an SSA with Graphisoft then you will be able to download an additional 500 surfaces.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Earthworm
Booster

Archicad also has a premium surface library which you can add. Very product specific textures I usually download from the producers website.

And you can also use quixel as it is incorporated into TW/EPIC/GS. 

ArchiCAD 27 | Intel Xeon W-2225 - 4.10GHz | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | Windows 10

There is a standard surface library included with your Archicad installation.

This allows you to add many new surfaces that may not be included in the default template.

You can load this library (if it isn't loaded by default), and when you create a 'new surface from catalogue', you can brose it to find the surfaces you want to create.

If you have a Select Service Agreement (SSA - yearly subscription), then you have access to an extra surface library.

When you go to create a 'new surface from catalogue', there will be an option to download this additional library if it is available to you - at the bottom of the dialogue window.

BarryKelly_0-1631859908306.png

There is also a BIM Components link there as well that has some surfaces in it..

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

A building material is mostly a 'container' for defining the cut fill, surface and priority for connection. If you have a half way decent template, most types of actual building materials (bricks, concrete, wood, metal etc etc) should be there. Just duplicate the closest match and change the fill and surface etc as needed.

Since the building material is a collection of other attributes like fills and surfaces, but also defines pens, there is very little use for sharing these around, since they will only work within the same template or you will 'pollute' your file with new attributes that are likely duplicates of something that is already there.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Johan Stinckens
Advocate

For masonry we mostly use textures which are provided by the company that produces the bricks.

If you are just looking for textures to incorporate in your surfaces you can have a look here:

ARTX - Architextures

Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
Eric Gedney
Participant

Easy answer.  go to https://www.sketchuptextureclub.com/textures/architecture

Create a free account and download great tileable textures.

Eric Gedney, Architect

AC24 on Mac Pro