BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Is there a way I can Batch Render?

mi_jan
Enthusiast
so last night I started rendering some 3d views for a friend's thesis project.
After 3 hours of settings and testing I finally achieved a render setting that was to my liking which ranges between 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes.

So I set up 17 cameras (image attached) and I proceeded to open each one, click render (photo render projection camera icon), wait 50 minutes, save as.

open the next one, click render, wait 72 minutes, save as.

open the third one, click render, wait 38 minutes, save as.

open the fourth one, click render, wait 92 minutes, save as.

open the fifth one, click render, wait 48 minutes, save as.

open the sixth one, click render, wait 83 minutes, save as...

You see what I'm getting at? 17 renders x 50 avarage render time = 14.16 hours I could have used for something else.

how can I set it up so that I just leave it rendering on its own for how ever long it takes, without having to be present dealing with the hassle of having to start each individual render?

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 12.55.06 PM.png
iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
It can be done and it is easy:
0. Open the Organizer
1. Save Cameras (First Icon on Left Side) as Views (First Icon on right hand side) with their settings which include Layer Settings and Rendering Settings
2. You will create a Publisher (Last Icon on right side) were you will place this folder (now the second icon on the Right Side) as a shortcut and tell it the folder to save to.
3. Hit publish and go do something else.
----
Rushed with a project so somebody else might fill in the gaps
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Or save a fly through of the cameras without the inbetween frames as JPEG.

From experience with flythrough rendering though: there's what seems like a memory leak, after x-amount (depending on modelsize, your computer memory etc etc) the computer runs out of memory and force quits ArchiCAD. This was last summer though, maybe it's been fixed since in the hotfixes.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!