BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Is there a way to get rid of these rings? [LW rendering]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am using Halogen recessed 17 and the lightworks rendering engine
and I am getting these rings. Is there a way to smooth the light out?
18 REPLIES 18
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonathan:

I cannot reproduce this, based on the shadow on the cabinet it looks like there is some object blocking the light. Try posting screen shots of the Lamp's settings. You could also try a rendering using just the Lamp and Slab (countertop) to ensure the issue is with the Lamp's settings and not some other part of the model.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

I removed the soffit that the lights were in so that only the halogen recessed 17 fixture is over the bar counter. You can see it just floating in the air. Screen shots below of the settings...

David wrote:
Jonathan:

I cannot reproduce this, based on the shadow on the cabinet it looks like there is some object blocking the light. Try posting screen shots of the Lamp's settings. You could also try a rendering using just the Lamp and Slab (countertop) to ensure the issue is with the Lamp's settings and not some other part of the model.

David

light rings.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
settings
Anonymous
Not applicable
settings dialog box
Anonymous
Not applicable
settings dialog box.

I think these are the relevant settings. Let me know if there are other settings
you need to see.

Thanks for the help!
light rings 4.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please show an image that includes all 12 items in the 'light settings' and also show the 'General - Structural Dims' tab as well, thanks.

[Edit] You might have an inversion in the cutoff distances of the inner versus outer light cones.

You might want to post this in the 'Presentation' forum, the "usual suspects" in that forum will probably know exactly what this is.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay,
here you go.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have copied all of your settings (except height off floor), and I do not get this issue in LW. The only thing I can offer at this point is to suggest you isolate just one of the problematic halogens and one reflective surface and render that (no ceilings, etc).
Karl Ottenstein
MarkMoscrip wrote:
You might want to post this in the 'Presentation' forum, the "usual suspects" in that forum will probably know exactly what this is.
Moving the thread, thanks Mark... it belongs in that forum [was: Working in ArchiCAD]
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!