BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Is there a way to publish in text format

Pato99
Enthusiast
Is there a way to publish in text format such as txt, XML or CSV format for generic content (Not schedules).

I'm trying to export... no Publish the project info or auto text into a txt file or XML that can be added to a database or even just searched in for key words with a windows utility.
Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Project Info can be exported to xml.

File > Info > Project Info > export
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Pato99
Enthusiast
Yeah, sorry that's not what I was asking. I want to publish the project info, not export it and I'd prefer it to be formatted nice with autotext but not be a pdf.
Versions 10 to 27
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I suppose, in theory, you could script an object to call all the autotext fields, schedule that object and publish it text, but there's no back and forward in that.

Are you using custom entries in project info for something clever? Maybe this can be achieved with the new properties system in ArchiCAD20 instead. This allows interoperablilty through schedules and excel, for example.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Pato99
Enthusiast
Yes, I'm using custom fields for a multitude of things, master layouts and marketing layouts are the most common, but I also database the XML exports for fun. If this was reliable I'd be able to build a more sophisticated database.

Using the properties system is an interesting idea, but I don't think I'll be able to use it in any auto text situations. It's a "catch 22" but I do like it and I'll look into this further!
Versions 10 to 27
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Learn and get certified!