Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Issues with matching axonometry view and render

Karol Argasinski
Enthusiast

Hi Everyone,

Recently I wanted to make an axon view with contour lines (combination of render and just 3D view.
I saved axonometric view in a View Map and with that view I saved and rendered couple images. When I was trying to "combine them" in Affinity Photo, I saw that 3D view projection has different axonometry than rendered views.

• I checked that on 3 PCs and the result is the same.
  • I also tried different axonometry predefined settings (I thought there is something wrong with my axonometry setting which is custom.
  • I also disabled "physical camera" in Cinerender - same thing.

I tried on every version of AC26 (PC/Mac/Mac_Arm).
Looking forward for some ideas.

Best
Karol

Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-18 o 10.31.52.pngZrzut ekranu 2023-01-18 o 10.36.27.png
OPENBIM does works!
ArchiCAD 22/23/24/25/26/27 INT &POL

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 128GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3070, Windows 11 Pro
MBP 14 M1 Max 10C 32GB
http://www.bimfaktoria.pl/
3 REPLIES 3

Karol,

I think that the ‘camera’ is the issue, the internal engine for axonometric views does not use a ‘camera lens’ whereas the Cinerender engine uses a camera lens and just approximates the axo view.

When I have done similar overlays I have used a perspective  view and have not had issues.

regards

Scoty

Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB

Hi Scott,

thanks for the info. 
As I wrote before, I checked that in Cinerender with and without "Physical Camera ( which use the real simulation for lenses).
It shouldn't be the case.

Best
Karol

OPENBIM does works!
ArchiCAD 22/23/24/25/26/27 INT &POL

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 128GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3070, Windows 11 Pro
MBP 14 M1 Max 10C 32GB
http://www.bimfaktoria.pl/

Set the view to perspective view and choose a camera with a very narrow view angle like 5°, use the same setup for the matching 3d document lines. This will give a better result

render 3ddoc.png
Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27