BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

LAYOUT BOOK DRAWING VIEW

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once in a while weird stuff happens... like today.

In my View Map I have a Drawing called "Floor Framing Plan". I set up the layers the way I like and save "view settings". Then it's ready to take over to the Layout Book as is typical. However, with the particular drawing, when I take it over to the layout book, layers are missing.. so to check, i select the drawing in the layout book and right click to "View Source". It all looks great there. So why is this drawing not showing all the layers.

I checked that I did not have renovation filters interferring. This isn't happening with the other drawings brought into the Layout Book. So this one stumps me. Have'nt had this happen before. A possible solution excapes me.

Any ideas what would cause interference with the layers showing correctly?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Embarrassing to say, but this could help someone with the same problem.

Reason why it wasn't showing in the Layout book was because even though it was a -1 story with the floor framing showing there, the flooring members were set on the 1 story with the members set below at a -1'-0 elevation. Setting those members to the -1 story and then adjusting the elevation made it all work as it should. So for me not setting the framing member on the correct story was my mistake, although I usually set the member up before it's laid into place.. it does happen.

Answered my own question.
Learn and get certified!