Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

LED strip lights

TightKnit
Participant

Howdy folks, 

I've done as good a job as I can to try and find LED strip lighting for an under kitchen bench and cabinet toes effect, such as the following image. Can anyone point me in the right direction to create this effect? I'm stumped. 

Currently trying to use "area light" but getting the following result, which is a bit spotty and uneven. 

lighting.jpg

proposed style of island bench.jpg

Thanks, all help appreciated. 

-------------------------------

Archicad 22

Windows 10

Intel i5

7 REPLIES 7
Koji
Booster

I usually use the 1x1cm beam element and the necessary length applying an emissive neon material to simulate the led strip under the kitchen furniture, it works quite well.

Apple MacStudio M2max, Archicad 27 Spanish

Thanks for the tip, Koji! Much appreciated. 

Can I ask for a little detail of how you apply "emissive neon material" to the beam element?

Rajesh Patil
Expert

You can try the shown steps from my YouTube channel video.

https://youtu.be/Q6VD9CX0Jr4

Let me know if it works for you.

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB

In the beam dialog tool you must apply a emissive material to all surfaces, in Archicad is called glass lamp or similar, but you can create your own emmisive material.

In the render options you must activate surface lighting.

light material.pngbeam material.pngsurface light.pngrender.jpg

Apple MacStudio M2max, Archicad 27 Spanish
Rajesh Patil
Expert

Attached one image. You can achieve such effects with self illuminating surfaces. I did this in 2018 with AC 22.

2022-04-19 .png

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB

Thank Koji! I appreciate the assistance! I haven't tried the solution as yet, but just wanted to let you know I appreciate your time. 

TightKnit
Participant

Thanks Rajesh, I appreciate your help!