BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

LED strips

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i know this question has been there already but maybe somebody has new ideas, how to make led stripe effect. I have tried putting a lots of area lights in one line, round light and material with high luminiscence and glowing. Sometimes it works, but sometimes no...so it could be great if you could share your methods
3 REPLIES 3
It depends on the effect your after.

You could use a tube with holes in it where you want the light to shine out of.
Place inside that tube a smaller tube with an emitter material. ?

Or you could use a glass material for the tube with round spheres that have an emitter material and are spaced @ 3" apart or so. ?

You could download something similar? I am not sure what you mean by stripe effect. Did you mean strip or stripe?

Can you show a picture of what you would like to do ? You might even just want to make a strip light surface material to put on a little wall ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Pato99
Enthusiast
I use the 'Fluro Bar Light' from the lamps toolbar.

I replace the glass material with a light surface material and the 2D can be modified to look symbolic of length. With a bit of work you could schedule object and Length of strip.

You got to be savvy when it comes to AC Objects.

Otherwise a poor man could use a complex profile in a beam with light material.
Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Anonymous
Not applicable
laimichka wrote:
Hi, i know this question has been there already but maybe somebody has new ideas, how to make led stripe effect. I have tried putting a lots of area lights in one line, round light and material with high luminiscence and glowing. Sometimes it works, but sometimes no...so it could be great if you could share your methods
Hello,

I've had a have a look at the lighting fixtures and there may be some matters I've changed.

1. I have purged the record
2. Flipped the rectangle light so they have there the front face up.
three. Raised and angled the lights in the direction of the wall.
4. flip off the 'no decay', 'double sided' and became up to the depth.

while I am lighting fixtures a room, I classify my lighting into 3 categories:

1. practical lighting
2. accessory lighting
3. spotlight......lighting

The LED strips are accessory lighting fixtures and so shouldn't be used to mild the complete room (useful lighting)
I think you want to add some useful lights in addition to the spot lights

I hope it will helpful for you.
Learn and get certified!