BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

LIGHT RENDERING

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot for the life of me get rid of some rendering glitches. I have them pointed out

1.) the window behind a window is not transparent its filled competely black.

2.) that same window in the foreground is grainy w/ tiny black specs.

3.) the light cone on the wall is black.

How can I fix these issues, ive tried every setting (or at least i think i have) and once again the archicad user help menus and ref. guide are not helpful. Any help/comments/critiques are greatly appreciated.

thank you,
greener

UNIT 20 RENDERING 7.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
And I know some where on this forum the problem and solution have already been pointed out but everyone situation and settings are different and to top it off to go through these 1,000 of pages looking for the same problem is rough. I'm not impatient I just know there are patient users out there who understand what the rest of us are going through as we go through this path of life we call Archicad .
Dwight
Newcomer
If you are going to work in LightWorks, you need my book:

And you have not tried every setting.

1: window black

Page 21: Change LightWorks Rendering Method from "lousy" to "Best" - addresses the number of transparency levels calculated.

2: grainy

Supplement 10: Realistic Sun needs more samples to make smoothness- related to rendering size - bigger renderings need more samples. SLows it down.

Use "Sun Sun" Shader instead of "Realistic Sun" Shader for faster performance.

3: light cone solid

In the lamp object, turn off "Light cone in rendering"
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are many others way more qualified than me to answer your question and I must warn you I am also struggling my way though this "path of life" we called ArchiCad !

I had the same black windows recently - it looks like you are rendering in Lightworks ? If so - have you checked in the materials for glass (which I assume you are using) that the Lightworks shows this to be transparent - for some reason mine was not set that way.

Have no clue about the shadow - did you create that light on the wall? If so - why don't you try a standard AC supplied light to see what it throws up on the wall?

Hope this might help,
cheers
Richard Hewitt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me just say that this is a really great forum, the best I have ever seen for these kind of things. So....

Richard - I am definately rendering in lightworks, I have checked the materials for the window and the glass-clear is definately loaded as a material, I'm not sure exactly where to set the transparency of the window i will look through the options more and see what i can find, thank you for the suggestion and idea.

Dwight - where can i buy the book?
lousy to best? Are you refering to the "Method" under the light works effects pull down in photorendering settings?

All glass materials are identical in each window that is in this rendering.as for the light cone solid I'm still not sure what the deal is because I change positioning and the light cone comes out clean.

The background of the rendering I have not changed just the positioning so you can see that the options you recommended were the initial setup for the rendering.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight- alright I tried the lousy to best settings in method and much better results, but when I have more surfaces to render the processor slows up and tells me not enough memory, thanks for the tip. I'm just going to have to get creative with the view so I can run the renderings the way I was but not including the look through two windows. Thanks again!
Learn and get certified!