BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

LW lighting Please help me

Anonymous
Not applicable
The ceiling is too dark. I tried several things, but without sucess...
Please help me:

Rendering :LW.
Camera 0
Sun 0
Light 100%

I have used several lamps.
2x general lamps: intensity 40%, color : yellow, position:2m high
and many downlights.

Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
samsung wrote:
The ceiling is too dark. I tried several things, but without sucess...
Please help me

Samsung:

You can take the WindowLight lamp (in the LightWorks Lights 9 folder) and set its rotation angle (under Parameters) to -90 degrees (so it points up) to help illuminate the ceiling.

HTH.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer.
I put the windowlight, and this is the result.
Is it enough?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I put second Windowlight, with lightyellow-color.
The atmosphere is very.....hollowen.... not kindly...How do you think?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I choose Pipeline for material, and switch off one window light.
This effekt is very strong... in some case stronger than light object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Activating pipeline in material properities is not a good approach to light up the scene. Window light should do the job here well, but you can also try to place 'general light' with max falloff in the middle of the scene and see if it works better for you. If you look for overall brightness than increase 'ambient' in photorendering settings, but careful, everything above 50% will flush out all the fine shadows in your scene. Hope this helps. Good work BTW.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tiger
General light on, Pipeline off, Windowlight on, Ambientlight in Photorend. 50%
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
samsung wrote:
General light on, Pipeline off, Windowlight on, Ambientlight in Photorend. 50%

Samsung:

The light seems concentrated at the far end of the vault (comparing Rest..jpg to Rest.5.jpg). If your intention is to illuminate the vault more evenly, then here are a few things to try with the WindowLight lamp:

1. The lamp can be resized to fit or exceed the plan area of the vault (think of this light source as a panel of light, rather than a point source).
2. The number of light sources can be increased by increasing the Light Resolution and/or the Light Intensity, for a broader light source.
3. You might be able to turn off Cast Shadows with this lamp, which would decrease rendering time, as shadows from this source might not be needed.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your tipp.
Your tipp are very professional, so I hope, I can do according to your indification.
Than I will show this one. Maybe it can help other persons (and sorry for my long ...)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I turn off Shadow for Lamps.
I used for the lighting vault windowlight.
and two generallight.
very very difficult
Learn and get certified!