Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Label Tool Flipping Out

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone offer help or at least verify this problem?
When I use the label tool, if I place a independent text label with a 180.0 degree setting in order to get text to the left of a leader pointing right - the label reverts to 0.0 degrees when I edit it. I end up with half of my labels flipped around backwards.

Hoping I'm doing something wrong and this is easy to fix.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stuart, but this does not seem to solve the problem.
But restarting ArchiCAD does "fix" the labels that have been drawn and they no longer flip around when moved. Newly added labels, however, still have the same problem.
Geof Gainer
Booster
I've got the same prob. Never had it in previous versions; just appeared in AC 10.

This being the first reply since '05, I take it this is not a common bug?
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Gerald D Lock
Advocate
I'm also getting the same/similar problem...
can't seem to find an answer that works though.

When i use the label tool to "Label Elements" (checking the box under the object ID) it places an independent label correctly.
I want to use an independent label rather than any other kind of object-specific label, as it suits my drawing.

However, when I adjust the leader to suit the desired position of the label text, then close the section window (I'm labelling beams cut in section) and then re-open it, the label text has "flipped" to the opposite side (per attached screen grab)

Moving the "elbow" of the label tends to alternately flip the text back and forth each time it's adjusted. Frustrating to say the least.

Any clues on a fix??
ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Pro 32GB RAM | MacOS 12.0.1

Melbourne, Australia