BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Label Tool, Member Labels, and "Label All Members"

Craig Bagley
Contributor
I'm finding when trying to label a curtain wall, using the Member Labels feature, or "Label All Members" command, that if I choose "Text", "ID", or "Unique ID", nothing shows when placed, other than a pointer (and that without an arrowhead!). There's no text. Selecting any placed label shows something is responding to the different choices, based on the spacing of selection dots.

Symbol labels work.

Has anyone else experienced this?
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Craig:

I just tried this and got the same result. What I discovered (but may not be the issue in your case): I selected the Label Tool and Select All Labels and opened the Label Selections Settings dialog box and discovered: that all the pens were set to Pen 1 (white) inspite of Pen 1 being a color in my Pen Set, the text set to .28 point (very small). Changing these settings made the labels visible. Seems like a bug if this is what is happening on your end also.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Craig Bagley
Contributor
Thanks, David. You solved it.

I opened a fresh default template file to duplicate your steps. In my case the default color was pen 46, so the real source of the problem was the default text size of .28 pt. Same problem with the arrowhead: .28 pt.

Thanks again, for your time and attention.

Craig
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
Learn and get certified!