BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Label for pointing to both sides of an "Assembly"?

RileyDA
Contributor

I was wondering if anyone knows of a label tool or object that can create an arrow on both sides of an assembly like in the below photo?

label pic.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

In my short opinion, I don't think so.
I haven't seen gdl support for leaders yet.
So, how about solving the line below with a line.....

AC27 on window 11
DGSketcher
Legend

@RileyDA Have you considered a dimension with multiline text? Dimensions can be used for more than dimensions. Obviously this wouldn’t work if you are pulling label data from the entity.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly

You can't have custom arrow heads on a leader (it is all hard coded in the software).

You can however, get all of the co-ordinates and angles of the leader line in a label object (not the autotext object as that is not a scripted object), so I guess you could script the second arrow head in - but you will need to know what you are doing in GDL, and as I said, you will not be able to use the autotext label.

It will have to be a specifically scripted label that allows you to add your own text.

I haven't seen this done though so I am not 100% sure it could be done.

Or maybe just create an object with stretchy hotspots for the leader line (again you need to know a bit of GDL) and use that with your text - of course they won't be linked together unless you group them.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend

This is probably as close as you can get with a dimension. Note the arrows will be placed inside or outside depending on whether they fit.

Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 09.31.32.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

How did you do this?
Did you write a new label gdl?

AC27 on window 11

It is a basic linear dimension. If you drag the text of the dimension away from its default position it will create a leader. You can adjust the position of the leader and use multiline text to place it as shown.

That is what I call thinking outside the box with your Archicad tools. 🙂

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!