Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Label tool behaviour problems post AC19 Solo upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm an archicad newbie and recently upgraded from Start to Solo. Since the change the label tool no longer allows for multiple clicks to control placement of the arrow, leader and text-- I used curved leader notes for annotation but on first click AC generates a fixed right-hand 45deg leader of fixed length and opens the text box, regardless of the options selected. My production has come to a virtual standstill until I get the problem resolved. I've played around with the options in the settings default dialog box to no avail, nor could I find anything under Work Environment that seemed appropriate. Google searches have not yielded anything relevant to the issue. Any ideas, anyone? I have a set of drawings to publish and am in a real bind.
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I suppose you are using AC19 with the new Label methods.
In the Info Box there is the Geometry Method settings. Its default is simple. Change it to Detailed and you will be able to do it as in previous versions.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply! 'Geometry Method' does not currently show in my Label Info box however. I see the option under Work Environment/Info Box/Label, the eye is open but the text is blue-- what more should be done to access this option?
Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 11.45.08 AM.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Blue Text in those pages of the Work Environment mean that the given command/panel etc. is a new feature in that version.
Maybe the panel is not enabled the currently active Work Environment Profile. You could also try to create a new Tool Scheme and apply that one.

Or you simply do not see the panel because it is so down on the list of panels so you would have to scroll the Info Box for the panel to be visible. You can drag the Geometry Method panel in the WE Dialog to bring it higher. Then it will be always visible.

I wonder if you imported your Work Environment from your previous version or are using the default one. That may have something to do with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lazlo, thank you for your continued assistance. When I installed Solo upgrade and opened previous Start files I accepted all the defaults. I am currently using the Standard Workspace 19 S workspace scheme. How can I change or modify the Label tool setting so that Geometry Method is visible? The Tool Settings Dialog Boxes currently does not include Geometry, but I don't see how to add it (or any of the other options under Info Box).
Anonymous
Not applicable
While I would still like to learn how to create/modify Tool Schemes, I did find the buttons for Geometry method on the ribbon, or rather I was able to recognize the purpose of these buttons thanks in part to your assistance.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Geometry method is available only in the Info Box, but it is not available in the Settings Dialog. Some settings are like this, they are available only in the Info Box because they need to be specified when the element is created.

(There is no such thing as a Ribbon in ARCHICAD.)