Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Label tool text editing in AC 21

adamsb
Newcomer
Since my update to AC21, I can no longer change the text within a standard label tool placement by going into the tool settings dialogue. Double clicking on the text still works, and I can see the text in the settings dialogue down at the "Text Label" tab, but I can't edit it there anymore.

Any thoughts?
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I have also noticed that if I use an ID label on a window or door I can no longer edit the text in the label. If the label was too long I used to be able to select the label and put in a return to use 2 lines. No more.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a new feature?
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm seeing the same issues... I'm all for improving the tools but I'm not certain taking away basic functionality is an improvement..
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
I also noticed the v20 simple way of automatically adding the custom element ID's to labels has been buried somewhere in the new label system...I'm still looking for it, be grateful if someone tells me where it is now.

Please GS : It's all about clicking less times to get somewhere and building on good things done by previous engineers, the new label tool may be a classic example of a chronic problem that could be used to self examine the rationale behind these changes and the way they are implemented in the interface.

Clicking less is more.
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1