Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labeling MEP Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Day MEPers,

I am doing documentation of our Mechanical systems in MEP but there seems to be a major problem.

It seems that you can not label any MEP object unless it "Equipment". Would be pretty nice to be able to turn on a label for ducts, pipes, trays, terminals and everything else.

If anyone has some insight to how to turn on labels for MEP objects please help.

Thanks.

Garth
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Garth:

I have not done this before, so I did a quick test:
1. Opened the Label Tool and selected Object Tool and "ID" from the list
2. Selected a duct
3. Opened the Duct's dialog box and under Listing and Labeling checked "Label Duct"
4. The duct is labeled

If this does not work, then post more information about your method. I did this in version 13, I did not try it in version 12.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
Duct-label.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
It appears that some objects can be labeled, and others cannot. He's using Mac OS 10.6.2 and ArchiCAD 13, MEP 13. I think in general the question we have is what make some objects have the option of labeling and other do not? Is this a GDL issue? I noticed some of the custom objects I've been toying with also do not allow labeling as well, so any insight would be very useful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David:

Very interesting that you could label the duct. As shown in my screen shot I do not have the Listing and Labeling option. This is why I am confused.

The option is only there when I select "Equipment".

Any thoughts.

Thanks,

Garth
Duct - No Listing and Labeling.png
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Garth wrote:
/.. As shown in my screen shot I do not have the Listing and Labeling option./......
Any thoughts.
Garth, I do not have the MEP package. But check your WE settings to see the
Listing and Labelling window is selected to show.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cleverbeans wrote:
It appears that some objects can be labeled, and others cannot. He's using Mac OS 10.6.2 and ArchiCAD 13, MEP 13. I think in general the question we have is what make some objects have the option of labeling and other do not? Is this a GDL issue? I noticed some of the custom objects I've been toying with also do not allow labeling as well, so any insight would be very useful.
Cleverbeans:

As Rod pointed out, have you checked your Work Environment settings to ensure that the Listing and Labeling part of the dialog box for each MEP tool is visible? If this is the case, then post the names of the parts you cannot label.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob + David,

Wow! That was the problem. I did not even know that there was a setting for this.

Thank you so much for the help.

This is fantastic.

Thanks Again,

Garth
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use the Wonderfull "Label Everything" label:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/01%20General/Custom%20La...

Done by the the great Master Script

This label extracts any info from your pipes, like slope, dimensions, MEP systems, and everything else that is part of the object.

It has been sitting around in the object depository, and I think most of us haven't noticed the true potential of this object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Miguel,

We had done that already. It is a really good little tool.

Thanks,

Garth