Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labeling Windows in hotlinked module

Kathryn W
Participant
Can you advise if there is anyway to override the ID of windows/doors/objects that are a part of a module?
I am documenting a townhouse development that has one house repeated 3 times. The repeated houses are modules. I am wanting to label each window and/or door in the project using the window's ID and so that the window is referencing each individual house. For example, all windows in House 1 will be W1.01, W1.02, W1.03 etc. All windows in House 2 will be W2.01, W2.02, W2.03 etc. As the houses are modules, I have not been able to achieve this outcome, as the ID is linked to the object in the source module (.mod file).
Kathryn
Archicad version 19
Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can give a hotlinked module a master ID, this is then added in front of any element ID of elements in that module.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Kathryn W
Participant
Thanks Erwin!,
I don't suppose there is any way to pick and choose which elements have the master ID show in the elements label and which don't? For example I want my windows labels to associate to the house number, but I want my walls to be labelled consistently irrespective of which house they belong to........
Kathryn
Archicad version 19
Windows 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is possible to specify in each instance of the Label what information you want displayed: Compact Element ID, Master ID, Full Element ID.

Check out this clip. This is where it starts to talk about these 3 options:

https://youtu.be/Z_fzZXLcniE?t=84
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Kathryn W
Participant
Perfect, thanks Laszlo, I knew there must have been a way to achieve the desired outcome. I appreciate your help
Kathryn
Archicad version 19
Windows 10