Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labeling railing components

kmitotk
Advocate
How do we label the components of railings?

I've learned recently that there's a special tool (Document > Annotation > Label Components of Selected Elements) for the labeling of stair components, and I thought this tool should work for the railings as well but that didn't seem to be the case unfortunately as the tool name was grayed out when I selected a railing.

Like stairs, railings have components to which you can assign classifications and custom properties but there seems to be no way of pulling those data and display in any type of labels currently available. Am I missing anything?
Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

2 REPLIES 2
David Shorter
Advisor
Currently (as far as I can see) its not possible to label individual part of a railing. Whilst you can tab through to parts of a STAIR to label specific bits it doesn't work with RAILINGS
Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
kmitotk
Advocate
David, thank you for mentioning the tab through feature for the stair parts which I did not know. It works great, and yes, I hope the same feature will be implemented for the railings soon.
Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10