Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labels - Pointer connected to bottom or top, how to?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello -

I'm trying to see how to make a label that the pointer starts from the top or bottom of the label, not from the sides. Is this possible to do within the provided library parts? Suggestions/tips?

Thank you.
20 REPLIES 20
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can rotate the Label by 90 degrees. The rotation angle field is in the Text Label panel of the Label Settings Dialog for simple Text Labels, or the Symbol Label panel for GDL-based Labels.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response. I've tried what your direction stated (see screenshot). I'm obviously doing it wrong. A screenshot of where I should be looking at?
Anonymous
Not applicable
ESP182 wrote:
I'm trying to see how to make a label that the pointer starts from the top or bottom of the label, not from the sides.
Out of curiosity, what specific label we are talking about. There are many different labels. What is the label object name in question?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Type preview - "Text" label. Should I be using a different version?
Anonymous
Not applicable
ESP182 wrote:
Type preview - "Text" label.
I asked because I could not identify "diamond inside rectangle" shape of the label in the original image. I still can't figure out how did you arrive at that double shape?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, Anton is right. These shapes are not available with simple Labels like Text, ID and Unique ID, because these 3 Label Types are not GDL-based so only the default rectangular Frame is available.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The label was an "NCS Indicator 19" with a frame around the shape.

The way I've had to resolve this is create a label using the "NCS Indicator 19" with Louver Indicator as the label style. Then creating a "Text" label with no content, so that just a pointer appears. After that I've rotated the "Text" label with no content so that the leader/pointer is down.

But yet, I still haven't found a way to just have one label, that I can have a pointer coming from either the top or bottom of it. Thus, why I'm looking for tips/suggestions/directions if this is doable.

Thank you.
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
Use "Identification label", frame ON and in Custom settings->label geometry change the frame shape to "Square rotated".
Should get you what you're after.
Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Since,

I tried using your direction, but can't get a pointer on the Identification Label. Once I select "Add/Remove Pointer" from the Pointer dropdown, the label goes back to having it only from the sides. I'm guess that Graphisoft never designed a Rotated Square with a leader line and pointer?