Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labels dislike

KeesW
Advocate
I don't know what Graphisoft has done with the label tools in versions 21 and 22 but it has suddenly become a big deal. I've been using this tool for many years and found it fairly flexible. Now, it forces me to edit a fairly rigid default style that is not what I want. Gggrrr!

I've also found that I don't have an 'ABC' style in my selections. The first style in my Label box is 'Text/Autotext'. Is this why I am having such problems?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
8 REPLIES 8
Brad Elliott
Booster
Kees, I really like the adjustments they have made to the labels. What are your problems?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
We've had a fair bit of push bag with the label tool in 21/22 as well.
The fact you can't select multiple text labels that contain the same text and edit simultaneously any more is bizarre. I know there is the search and replace tool but why remove this functionality but still keep the "text label" box in the settings?
Barry Kelly
ponaelius wrote:
The fact you can't select multiple text labels that contain the same text and edit simultaneously any more is bizarre.

That is because you can no longer edit the text in the label settings.
I am not sure why this had to change (I have never really used labels all that much until now so I am more used to the 'new' ones).

ponaelius wrote:
I know there is the search and replace tool

You can also use 'Pick up settings' and "Inject settings" to modify labels.
You will want to create an element transfer setting that just transfers label text unless you also want to transfer font, colour, pointer, angles, etc.

ponaelius wrote:
but why remove this functionality but still keep the "text label" box in the settings?

I have no idea why this is still there other than for the text orientation.
The preview is pointless as you can't edit it and you already know what the label says if you have just selected it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also quite frustrating that the search and replace text tool has a character limit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have come to hate the revised tool.
I used to be able to click for the head of the pointer, click for the location of the line, click for the text box, and type the text. A couple seconds for the label / note. Now I click, get a predetermined layout for the label, then enter my text. Then I need to select the label, reactivate the tool, and move the line and text box to where I want it. It now takes 5 seconds, with hundreds of notes per drawing set.
It's part of the Crapification of Everything™, as they say at Naked Capitalism. It looks like Archicad peaked at 18, and the only reason to update is to maintain interoperability with later versions of Autocad....
Brad Elliott
Booster
Peter, What are your settings? For me it works exactly like the old way the only issue was I had to go into the settings and clear text to get it to give me a blank text block. See the attached images for settings.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brad,
I couldn't find the geometry method in the Tool settings dialog box.
With your nudge, i found the setting in the Info box (and moved it to a more logical place from the default). I always thought that the Tool settings dialog box contained all the options for the tool. I was wrong, but I still think the Tool settings dialog should have all the options for the tool.
Anyways, thanks for your help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I orient a Wall Label? I see the "Marker or Label Rotation" selections, and can manipulate how the text reads, but I don't see how to mirror the label. I don't recall this being an issue in past versions (AC18, I think was where I left off previously), but I am just getting back to AC22 after several years in an office that used different software. I am trying to use the NCS Wall Label 22. Sometimes I want the tail to go right and sometimes left; sometimes up or down. Please don't suggest any 3rd party solutions because I don't have the ability to install them on my computer. Any insight regarding the AC22 built-in label is appreciated. Cheers.