BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layer combinations in Layouts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hopefully a very simple question:

how do i setup 2 different layouts (or master layouts) to show or hide text as necessary?

this is my 'problem':

i have a layout with an existing floorplan (with its own pen set) and a layout with a proposed plan (with a different pen set). then i have a third layout with the existing plan overlaid with the proposed plan. i have annotated the overlaid plan with text (which is part of the layout, not the drawings). i can't find a way to show the text in one layout and have it turned off in the other 2. i must be missing a simple checkbox but i've been searching help/forums and fiddling around for most of the day!

TIA
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Holm
Booster
Put the text on a worksheet (write it with the layout as Trace Reference). Save a view of the worksheet and place it on the layout where you want it to be seen.

I would still use all layers visible on the layouts and only use different layer combos save in the views placed. Having a hierarchy of layer combinations might turn things very complicated very soon!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
I would still use all layers visible on the layouts and only use different layer combos save in the views placed. Having a hierarchy of layer combinations might turn things very complicated very soon!
yes, this is what i ended up doing. you're right, having layout layer combos would probably overcomplicate things! thanks for the help.
Learn and get certified!