Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Layout Book

Alison_007
Booster

Good! I hope you are okay. I have a question, is it possible to take layouts and masters from another project opened in another instance of Archicad to my current project? for now I can only see.

Screenshot (36).jpg

STUDIO A5 Architect - AC 26 | Computer: |7-12700H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3060 | Windows 11 Pro.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Josh Verran
Expert

Try File > Interoperability > Merge

There are two options, Layout book or Virtual Model.

I haven't done it myself, but the naming sounds like what you are after.

Perhaps make a copy of your file first just in case it's not successful or has undesired results.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)

View solution in original post

Solution

You can also open the 'Organiser' with that button you were showing.

Then on the left side of the organiser, you can have it look at the other Archicad file (or you can browse for any file - it does not have to be open).

Then drag the layouts and masters from the left to the right side which is your current file.

Just be aware, if you do this, and drawings already placed on those layouts will be linking still to the original file.

So you either have to delete them and place new ones from the views in the current file, or 're-link' them to Internal views in the current file.

I am not sure if the same linking problem occurs with the merge method mentioned by Josh.

It is not something I have actually tried.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Josh Verran
Expert

Try File > Interoperability > Merge

There are two options, Layout book or Virtual Model.

I haven't done it myself, but the naming sounds like what you are after.

Perhaps make a copy of your file first just in case it's not successful or has undesired results.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Solution

You can also open the 'Organiser' with that button you were showing.

Then on the left side of the organiser, you can have it look at the other Archicad file (or you can browse for any file - it does not have to be open).

Then drag the layouts and masters from the left to the right side which is your current file.

Just be aware, if you do this, and drawings already placed on those layouts will be linking still to the original file.

So you either have to delete them and place new ones from the views in the current file, or 're-link' them to Internal views in the current file.

I am not sure if the same linking problem occurs with the merge method mentioned by Josh.

It is not something I have actually tried.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

thanks! this worked.

STUDIO A5 Architect - AC 26 | Computer: |7-12700H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3060 | Windows 11 Pro.