Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout Problem... urgent!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody, i just started using archicad 15 and i have many problems but the main one is the fact that when i go to my layout book and choose the first floor plan none of my walls and slab(s) show up... like if they were hidden... don't know what to do :S... need to figure it out for tonight... can anyone help?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The first thing I would check is go to the layout, select the view on the layout with the problem and right click on it and select Modify Source View. In that dialog I would select the layer combination you need to have the drawing look like you want.
Barry Kelly
It could also be the renovation filters possibly.
Check that the view for the drawing you are placing on your layout has the correct layers, model veiw option and renovation filter set.
These can all affect how you plan appears on screen and as they are saved with the views that you use for the drawings on the layouts they can affect what you see there too.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried out both of your advices, none of them worked ... hope i'll figure it out
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks by the way
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gigby,

Perhaps the cropped view on the layout is not be centred over the model and is just looking at a blank piece of the floorplan.

Click on the view and check its settings. Look at the 'Frame' tab, and tick 'Fit frame to drawing'. You may need to zoom out on the layout to see the re-sized view.