BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout book ID

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

I have a question with IDs of LAyout book. We have an ID standard which required a middle set of numbers in the ID code.

This simple means:

project number.drawing number. type of project
eg.:

1234567.A01.400
1234567.A02.400
1234567.A03.400

Is that possible to set our subset like this form
8 REPLIES 8
sinceV6
Advocate
Sure. Since it looks like the only thing changing is the drawing number, use project info, layouts IDs & autotext:

project number - from project info
drawing number - from layouts ID or subset
type of project - from project info

Hope this helps.
Karl Ottenstein
sincev6 posted the only solution I see while I was capturing screenshots. 😉

I don't see the ability to include autotext in the sheet ID parameters (?) - so you can append all of the bits as sincev6 suggests, which would be best - your template will work immediately in future projects. I recommend that approach although it won't generate a sheet index with the desired ID - only the number (middle) part of your string.

Alternatively - attached - you can hard-code the project number as part of the prefix - and then append the project type autotext wherever you use the ID in your title block. (Default template title block - so your string is too wide there.)
Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 10.47.40 AM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Project Info after Adding a new field for the Project Type ... and inserting that autotext field in the layout ID string in the title block of the master.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make it easy on yourself. Incorporate 1234567 into your title block (I assume it is the same number for all the sheets in your project) & use the standard sheet numbering system.
Karl Ottenstein
jcrarch wrote:
Make it easy on yourself. Incorporate 1234567 into your title block (I assume it is the same number for all the sheets in your project) & use the standard sheet numbering system.
...and do so as autotext. Yeah, my example should be ignored. Would be really dumb to type the project number for every subfolder as shown.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you ,
sinceV6
Advocate
Karl wrote:
jcrarch wrote:
...and do so as autotext. Yeah, my example should be ignored. Would be really dumb to type the project number for every subfolder as shown.
I would also follow jcrarch's suggestion, in autotext like Karl says. Is the efficient solution.

Oh, and the other way to hard-code the project number as Karl suggests is to do it in the layout book level: right click the book (top tree level) and select "Book settings". There, use the ID Prefix field. Then you can use this (or not) per subset. Still... this doesn't save you from using autotext to append the rest of the info, as I can't see how to use the 3 records in that order from the layout numbering system.

Just out of curiosity... can't you change the order to be:
project number. type of project.drawing number

It would make things easier if you don't want to use autotext; as it can be done directly from the layout IDs.

Best regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what other iterations you have in mind for Project Type, and how drawings are classified, but can you use a Subset Name, and use the Subset Name autotext in the title master?

So your subsets would simply be called "400", "500" or whatever.
Learn and get certified!