BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout drawing scales

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
I have just started using layouts, and I am trying to put all my floor plans in one layout because the building is so small.
I made the mistake to start drawing everything in 1:100 scale and not in 1:50.
Now when I place floor plans into the layout they come in 1:100 and when I change it in 1:50 the floor plan disappears.
I managed to do it for the ground floor plan but I didnt understand what I did!
The 2nd floor keeps disappearing when I change
(I need a zoom extend inside the view)

layout thing.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the view on the layout, update the view, then change it to "Fit frame to drawing" in the Frame portion of settings. Reposition and crop new view on layout as necessary. The plan has not disappeared, it is just that at the different scales you a looking at a blank area of your plan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would recommend that you save a new view with the scale as you want it (1:50), then use that to place it on the layout. You can have as many different views of the plan as you like, all at different scales.
This is easier than re-scaling the view on the layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
GraemeB wrote:
I would recommend that you save a new view with the scale as you want it (1:50), then use that to place it on the layout. You can have as many different views of the plan as you like, all at different scales.
Absolutely. The view should be saved with the correct scale set, not adjusted on the layout itself.

Usually it is easier just to drag and drop the new (updated / rescaled) view onto the layout, rather than do the update, "Fit frame to drawing", crop process I explained earlier. Just wanted you to realise what the reasoning was behind your plan disappearance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
GraemeB wrote:
If you are talking about View map options I have never learnt to use them. I f I change the scale in the plan it will mess the sizes of texts and dims.
Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
GraemeB wrote:
Absolutely. The view should be saved with the correct scale set, not adjusted on the layout itself.

Usually it is easier just to drag and drop the new (updated / rescaled) view onto the layout, rather than do the update, "Fit frame to drawing", crop process I explained earlier. Just wanted you to realise what the reasoning was behind your plan disappearance.
Yes thank you!!! This was exactly what I wanted, the fit to Frame option! I do understand it is not correct but now it works perfectly for me.
Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
You really need to get into the habit of saving views in your View Map, and setting all options (Layer Combination, Scale, etc.) to a specific saved set of values (none of these should read "Custom", that is asking for trouble). This makes it easy to update or modify these options and know that you are going to get what you expect when you select that view again, when you place it on your layout, and when you update the view already placed on your layout.
Learn and get certified!