Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout drawings don't show views.

Anonymous
Not applicable
We am having a problem with placed drawings on layouts disappearing until we do an update at which time they show until we work on another part of the file and switch back to the layout. The title still shows and we can select the drawing but the information it contains is not visible and this is every view on every sheet. This problem makes it impossible to view information on layout sheets when in teamwork if you are not signed into the sheets since you can't update info if you aren't signed into the sheet. I can't seam to find a button to turn this "feature" off so any help would be appreciated. Also, the drawing frames are not showing, regardless of if the drawing is updated or not. Please help!
25 REPLIES 25
Thomas Holm
Booster
Try"show all layers".
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for responding Tom. The views are not on a hidden layer, the information just does not show up. I have attached a screen shot showing the views selected on the sheet with no information visable.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ok. then check your drawing view settings. (Right-click on the drawing view in the list in the navigator - you can select several at once by shift or cmd/cgtrl-clicking)
You might have
- a layer combination set where the layers with info are hidden
- a pen set that has white coloors for the pen nubers you use
- or dragged the contents of the view off to the side, out of the drawing view's frame, with the frame stiill in place.

To catch the last one can be tricky. i suggest checking by opening the Organizer and drag a new copy of the view into your layout,

Now, I'm out of ideas. But soon the Australians will wake up!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
<yawn>

Sounds like it could (also) be a Frame issue or an on-screen preview issue.

You have your frames set to manually resized. In solving the problem, maybe just check the contents are visible by setting the frame to 'Fit Frame to Drawing'. Hopefully it's not part of a bigger origin related issue.

Also, change your On-Screen preview to Full Drawing, if they are set to Frame Only in the drawing settings. Although, this is a bit of stretch since your screenshot does not show the Frame Only Preview Text.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
change your On-Screen preview to Full Drawing
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, where is this option located?

I don't think there is a problem with the user origin because when we update the drawings the information becomes visible but only as long as we are in the sheet. When we close the sheet, then return to the layout the views show nothing again. And, while the layers are a mess on this project, I am sure they are not the problem either.

Weird thing is the drawing frame is not visible on any of the drawings. Even after the drawing has been updated. I have attached an image of another sheet on which I have 1. updated one of the drawings, 2. selected one of the views and 3. indicated the borders of the third with red arrows to hopefully show what I mean. As you can see the drawings are clearly there because the title is visible but the drawing frame is not there.

Thank you for looking into this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
forgot to attach the link. We'll try that again . . .
Erich
Contributor
When you select a drawing on the layout you can then select the drawing tool from the info box. In the resulting dialog the frame tab has the options Link, et. al. write about.

As for the drawing frame, it appear you have this turned off which can be done under your display options. In my WE that appears in the display menu. However, that my be different in your personal WE.

As for why your drawings can be made visible with an update but then not stay visible after you leave and then come back to the sheet, I couldn't say. If you have the auto update turned on for this sheet try turning it off....

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Thomas Holm
Booster
The On Screen View Options are in the View menu. Now I'm sure you've got the Drawing Frames turned off there. (There is also a handy On Screen View Options Toolbar that you can turn on in your Window menu)

I'm still not sure about the content not showing issue, but The On-screen Preview settings button menu is in the Drawng Selection Settings dialog.

I've joined both screen shots attached.
Bild 3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all of you for the advice . . .

I completely forgot all about checking the On-Screen View Options Menu for the Drawing Frames. I can now see the frames. Thank you for the reminder on that one!

Erich, we do have the drawings set to manual update (it makes sheet navigation faster among other things).

Link & Thomas, about the "Full Drawing" vs. "Frame Only Preview", I don't have that button. Could that be an AC11 option. I attached an image of the drawing settings dialog so you don't think I am crazy. Well, not totally crazy at least.
Picture 1.png