Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Layout info in GDL

vfrontiers
Enthusiast

I am trying to find the parameter that represents the drawing WIDTH in GDL...

I know it exists because Graphisoft's titles take advantage of it and it is clearly shown in every drawing in the layout in the SETTINGS dialog..

In addition, I have my own title that uses the GRID of the layout (as determined by the drawing)... But I wen to the current GDL MANUAL and did a search and even that doesn't appear...

AC_GridRect[1]

If someone would be so kind as to point me in the correct direction, I'd appreciate it!

Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@vfrontiers See if any of the following helps. I snipped it from the "Built-in Drawing Tile.gsm".

If the object subtype is Drawing Title then you may find a Parameter AC_DrawingRect containing an array of values you can work with to determine the width. Uncharted territory for me so hope it is pointing you in the right direction...

! ==============================================================================
! Bounding Box Calculations
! ==============================================================================

if AC_titleFitMode = TITLEFITMODE_DRAWING then		! Fit to Drawing Rect
	titlePosX = AC_DrawingRect[1]
	titlePosY = AC_DrawingRect[2]
	titleAlpha = AC_DrawingRect[5]

xo = AC_DrawingRect[1]:		yo = AC_DrawingRect[2]
	x1 = AC_DrawingRect[3]:		y1 = AC_DrawingRect[4]
	x2 = x1 + cos(titleAlpha - 90):	y2 = y1 + sin(titleAlpha - 90)
endif

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@vfrontiers See if any of the following helps. I snipped it from the "Built-in Drawing Tile.gsm".

If the object subtype is Drawing Title then you may find a Parameter AC_DrawingRect containing an array of values you can work with to determine the width. Uncharted territory for me so hope it is pointing you in the right direction...

! Bounding Box Calculations

if AC_titleFitMode = TITLEFITMODE_DRAWING then		! Fit to Drawing Rect
	titlePosX = AC_DrawingRect[1]
	titlePosY = AC_DrawingRect[2]
	titleAlpha = AC_DrawingRect[5]

xo = AC_DrawingRect[1]:		yo = AC_DrawingRect[2]
	x1 = AC_DrawingRect[3]:		y1 = AC_DrawingRect[4]
	x2 = x1 + cos(titleAlpha - 90):	y2 = y1 + sin(titleAlpha - 90)
endif

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)