BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout plans to DWG files

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to export all the plans i have in a single layout to separate DWG files?
without having to make a special view map only for DWGs

the problem is that exporting a whole layout in DWG is really confusing with all the different scales and you have to do manual work to scale up or down each drawing so that you can measure accurately.

This would be really helpful
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think what i am actually asking is if there is a way to export just the Xrefs and not the whole Layout.
Archicad does export the referenced view maps as Xrefs ofcourse along with the whole layout.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So I guess you have already found the relevant settings in the "DXF-DWG Translation Setup" Dialog ("Save Layout into" and "Place Drawings into" fields).
However, to answer your last question, I think if you save a Layout as DWG/DXF, the Layout will always be saved, it is not possible to save only the Drawings placed onto it as DWG without saving the Layout as well.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
I frequently publish layouts to PDF and also separate Views to DWG files through publisher to simplify coordination at the other end. You can't consolidate the DWGs to a single file unless you have access to Autobad but the recipient can sort that out at their end if necessary anyway with block import.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!