BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layouts not updating

Too Long
Enthusiast
Hello.

I noticed an issue with layouts not updating when following the below publishing procedure:

1 - Amendments completed in View Map
2 - Go to Publishers Sets
3 - Select Publisher Set
4 - Hit Publish

I have auto update turned on and the layouts update prior to publishing without physically viewing each sheet in Layout View but I noticed that the dimensions changed of their own accord and these dimensions were not affected by the amendments made prior to publishing.

Please see the below image of before and after publishing.
The image on the right is the published PDF following the above steps. Note the first string of dimensions at the bottom, right and left of page. (dimensioning openings)
The image on the left is Archicad after publishing the PDF and viewing in the Layout Book. Note that these dimension strings have updated and now match the View Map.

Thanks

AC26 AUS Full
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I always make it as a habit to open drawing manager (File>External Content>Drawing Manager) select and update all views when publishing a set of drawings so I won't need to open the sheets one by one. Updating views sometimes lagged even you have an auto update on. Especially when you have external references.

I hope the above helps.

Hello,

We're having a similar issue to this original post. All of our drawings are set up as auto-update, but are not updating using the normal process of the publisher set. Even when we open the drawing manager, check / update all, we are having issues with sheets being inconsistently updated across multiple machines. This issue is happening in multiple teamwork files in our office. Is there any other way to ensure that layouts are being updated before publishing? I'm going to remake the publisher set (just in case that is the issue), but, other than that, I'm at a loss.

I can't be sure, but I think this issue started when we updated to the newest AC 24 build (6004). We've had other issues with this build (especially in our teamwork files) in the past as well.

Thanks,

Ethan Coverstone, AIA

AC 24 USA (build 6004) | Windows 10 Pro

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v4 @ 3.60GHz

16.0 GB RAM

Ethan Coverstone, AIA (ArchiCAD user since 2015)
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v4 @ 3.60GHz
16.0 GB RAM

Hi Ethan,

Thank you very much for sharing the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

If I understand correctly, the issue happens only in Teamwork operations? If we save the file as a local copy from the problematic machine(s), does drawing update work after that?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello Minh,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the issue we are having is not consistently affecting the same drawing or view or sheet, and there appears to be no one way to trigger the error. We haven't tried to save out a PLN, but that's a good thought. I will try and do that and see if we get an error on the same sheets from our previous published set.

16.0 GB RAM

We are having a similar issue in AC23 and 24 teamwork files.
- The views on layouts won't update, or are missing information like door symbols or ID markers.
- When right-clicking the view and opening it, the view itself displays correctly. Only the layout and any pdf-prints are missing information.
- The same layout may appear different to two users.

Saving a pln file and opening that in a separate Archicad solves the issue.

This is however problematic because it makes a teamwork file very unreliable.

Hello @selmnainen,

We haven't had issues with door symbols or ID markers, but we have had issues where our floor plans are not updating across different workstations for our teamwork projects. We have not found a solution yet, but we did get a response from Graphisoft via email. They recommend the following: 

"To ensure that a layout truly updates to the content both the viewpoint (view) and drawing on the layout should be reserved.  When the update completes, that should be sync'd with the master file, then everyone will see those changes on their screens after a send receive. As a best practice my credo when going to publish is to have everyone do a send release all, then the person in charge of publishing should to a receive and reserve all, update the drawings in the drawing manager, send receive and publish. If warnings arise in the update it may stop that process, so make sure that they do not relate to drawings that are being published. If they do, it needs to be addressed, and then the mass update should be repeated."

We've still had update issues in our teamwork files after using this technique, but we have seen the frequency of these issues decrease.

16.0 GB RAM
Learn and get certified!