Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Let's see what Cinerender can do

Anonymous
Not applicable
Goodmorning forum,
this topic does not involve a question, so I hope I am not breaking any rules here.
It's been awhile since AC18 came out and to be honest I was expecting to see much more projects rendered in cinerender, since it was huge upgrade from AC17.
So....this is a "show us your renders" thread
Cheers!
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone has to be first. I have modeled in AC17 and rendered in AC18. Some post in PS. I am happy with the result.
viz_test_ac18.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great render,considering that it came direct from AC (plus a bit of tinkering in ps) ! Have you used other renderers in the past, if yes then what's your oppinion on AC's implementation of Cinerender engine?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that it is quite powerfull, but again I see a big fail on the Graphisoft side that no guide was provided, and the implementation is poor. Few tutorials would help a lot to set up workflows. I find the AC almost good for interiors (very bad handling of non gdl objects such as 3ds models of furniture etc - one hi-poly lamp can freeze the AC 3D engine with ease), but for exteriors it is just substandard. No camera tools (even 2 point perspective is not possible - the real one like the shift in photography), no 3D foliage, slow grass etc. Somehow almost every new tool in AC nowdays is halfbaked when introduced so probably in the future it will get better. I can show few other renders with a little different settings, I am happy with them, but I would love to use more external non gdl models.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right about non-gdl objects with high poly count.
The sofas in your render would make a huge difference if they had enough detail in them.
Either way, great renders,keep 'em coming!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You guys might be interested in this ArchiCAD Add-On for
http://www.day8design.hu/modelport/

It is mentioned in a few threads recently:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=231752&highlight=#231752
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=231753&highlight=#231753
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thnx Laszlo!
this seems interesting and I would like to try a demo version,but I can't seem to find one available.
But the problem might not be in the import of the mesh but in the polycount of the model and how will AC manage this. To be honest I haven't tried importing high poly count 3d models as I do my visualization in 3DStudio.
But with the coming of the Cinerender I was hopping I could stick to just one program for most of the time (and maybe Artlantis that I really do not like using)
Anonymous
Not applicable
thing is most of the time you need to explode the objects after import to morphs to add materials and when you do it it kills AC. One workaround is to have another AC open just for importing exploding and applying materials than making AC objects. Works but it is slow. I have not tried that with trees but that is more complicated I guess. Again it would be very welcome if Graphisoft could show us few tutorials with the workflow.
Eduardo Rolon
stayrudee,

FYI you are aware that don't need to explode a Morph to change the surface materials.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think he meant convert a gdl object into morph to be able to select faces etc.
Oh by the way,does AC18 have an option to allow you to select vertices/faces/edges? besides the control (cmd) +shift