Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Level Dimensin which i cant delete - AC9

teo
Participant
I Have a level dimension on the floor plan which i cant delete. I have moved it off to the side so that i doesnt print. Is there a way to delete it? Other level dimensions are fine, there is only 1 like this.

Thanks in advance
AC 4.55 - 21
9 REPLIES 9
Djordje
Ace
teo wrote:
I Have a level dimension on the floor plan which i cant delete. I have moved it off to the side so that i doesnt print. Is there a way to delete it? Other level dimensions are fine, there is only 1 like this.
Is it maybe on a locked layer? When you select it, how do the selection dots look?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Aussie John
Newcomer
If you can move it it wont be locked. I suggest deleting one of the elements that the dimension string is associated with.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
teo
Participant
its not on a locked layer and its not related to any element, its a level dimension. i can move it, edit the text etc but i cant delete it
AC 4.55 - 21
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Can you move it to a different layer, then delete?
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Djordje
Ace
Do you maybe see it as a part of a ghost storey?

You can select it, so your snap is off, it's not that ...

Screenshot please?
Djordje

HP Omen
Srinivas
Booster
FYI

You cannot delete just a dimension text alone in ArchiCAD, you have to select the arrow mark to delete the entire dimension.

cheers,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Djordje
Ace
Srinivas wrote:
You cannot delete just a dimension text alone in ArchiCAD, you have to select the arrow mark to delete the entire dimension.
If you don't want any text but do want the dimansion (can't see why, but then ...) just select the dimension text (there is a node at teh bottom left, if your handles are on you will see it) and type in a space.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Try this, it worked for me. Select the dimension level. Click 'revert to automatic position' on the info box header. Now re-select the dimension level by hovering the mouse pointer somewhere in the middle of the dimension text until 'level dimension' label appears.
delete level dimension.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mounir solution worked for me!

This has been a problem for me for a long time. ELI5 version:

each Level Dimension contains of one spot where teh level is measured and one textframe. You can move the textframe away from the point where the "measurement dot" is located. To delet the level dimension you HAVE TO select the dot!! BUT it is very easy to just select the text... To be able to find the dot revert the position (to make sure where the measurment dot is) and then click in the middle of the text like Mounir said. There you'll find the dot. Good luck