Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Level dimension to sea level

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I get the Level dimension tool to display elevations based on my defined sea level or my 2nd reference level
When I edit the elevation of a point on a mesh, I can choose to what it is measured to, but how do I control what my dimension is referencing?
35 REPLIES 35
Vallita Costantini
Contributor

Step 1: Before you place the level dim, make sure you have the gravity on with reference to Sea Level, just in case.

Step 2: Place the dimension
Step 3: Select the text and put custom text, then select SEA LEVEL. See image below. Make sure you have your project set in the right Sea Level position.

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 10.46.20.png

 I hope I helped you.

Is there any way to get these settings to be copied to multiple instances? Or to create a favorite? I can't get it to work but maybe there is a trick to it. Otherwise you have to manually edit every single one. This also applies to the rotation of the text, it is very frustrating that some things can not be stored in a favorite? The "text object" is treated as something separate from the level dimension object itself.

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

I am wondering about this also...going in the Dimension Text every time to change reference to Sea Level is seriously tedious. Cannot eyedropper the text tool for the next dimension - it reverts to project zero. As far as setting the reference level to the Sea Level (the red marker that has been mentioned) - how does one do that? My marker is not able to be moved in the Project Preferences - Reference Levels options. It stays at Project Zero. Maybe this topic could be revived? 

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)

There have been improvements to the Level Dimension tool in AC26:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm#t=_AC26_Help%2F005_NewFeatures%2F005_NewFeatures-9.h...

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru

And if you are not on AC26, a workaround can be found in this thread.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast

Thanks Lingwisyer - I was also aware of this workaround already, but was hoping for the actual tool to be fixed, or there was a more reasonable solution. I'll be happy to see how it works now in AC26, but I am still not there as I finish out projects in AC25. 

AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)