Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Level dimensions on composite slabs

Yvonne
Advocate
Is it possible to pick to different levels on a composite slab on the same? e.g. structural slab level and finish floor level

I can pick up the different levels by changing the partial structure display but it won't show up on the same plan view.
AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
4 REPLIES 4
Podolsky
Ace
It's possible, but you need to program your own label on GDL, that has such functionality.
If you want, you can check how it works in the library I was developing for Jerusalem architectural company (there some Hebrew in the template mixed with English).
If you like my object - I can extract it from there and with small modification make it work for you.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=73001
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I suppose with GDL you can actually grab the top layer thickness?

I was going to suggest creating a property for the level and one for the thickness of the finish (which won't be linked to the composite). You can grab the elevation and substract the set property for thickness to return the correct elevation value. Instead of using level dimension you would use a label that shows the property.

Added bonus: you can show the elevation property in schedules.

I have something similar set up for pile foundations with elevation to sea level etc
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Podolsky
Ace
With GDL you can get thickness of each skin in composite structure of slab. Also skin property - finish or core.
I wouldn't recommend to mess with properties. Because to make something similar with properties - you need to set property expression, that means for expression you will need to write the script anyway - and at the end you will not get so elegant and simple label, as you could do with GDL. In GDL you also can have any sort of marker to follow national CAD standards.
Vasileios S_
Advocate

I really want this feature. I created a post in "wishes". Here it is.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Level-dimensions-on-composite-slabs/m-p/327968#M193...

You cannot build a line.