Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Library problems with AC 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I installed AC 8.1 and loose a lot of windows, doors, trees, etc. I had in my drawing. Some of them was from AC6.5 and some from 7 & 8. How can I fix this?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you loaded the necessary (6.5 & 7) libraries?
Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I load old libraries if I don't have the AC8 anymore? Do I have to download and put in which folder?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The libraries are on your original installer discs.

It is always a good idea to keep copies of the old libraries on your hard drive for this reason. There has been much discussion of library management so a search of ArchiGuide should provide you with lots to read about this.

Another good practice is to save the project as an archive (.pla file type) when the project is completed. We have also done this with older projects that we have converted to 8.1 so we don't have to endure loading all those old libraries.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much, I'm going to try to find those libraries. What happened if I convert an old project to .pla and then need some revision?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure what you mean by revision, or at least why it would be a problem. I recommend that you bring all your projects into 8.1 the way I described, and add only new (8.1 or third party) library parts, keeping only the older ones you already used from the previous libraries.