Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Light Fixture Schedule that includes 2D RCP symbol?

Bill
Contributor

Is there a way to include the RCP symbol of a light fixture in an interactive schedule?  All I can seem to place is a 2D Plan Preview, but I am using the RCP symbols in all my plans.

Thanks!

Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
3 REPLIES 3
Ricardo Lopez
Enthusiast

Create a view from your schedule, where 2D Plan Preview field is added and choose a Model View Option where RCP is activated (Ex. Ceiling Plans) in Miscellaneous...> Lighting and HVAC Floor Plan Symbol.

2022-12-15 11_40_35-Model View Options.png2022-12-15 11_43_22-Untitled - Archicad 26.png
Arq. Ricardo López | projectser.com | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Ricardo, thanks for the reply.  I already had it set up that way, but I figured out that the 2D representation for each light has to be set NOT to "by MVO."  They are showing up now.

Next question... can I change what the RCP symbol looks like?  For example, for some reason both the pendant light and recessed spot light use the same RCP symbol, so one of them needs to change otherwise there's no point in scheduling these interactively.  In addition, I'd like to be able to use a symbol somewhat close to what my engineer is using... as another example, the pendant light and the surface light in their 'electrical' symbols are reversed from what's typical here.

Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1

Using Libray Part Maker could be the easiest way if not coding a GDL object.

Check this out: https://youtu.be/7qopY5TukJE

Arq. Ricardo López | projectser.com | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000