Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Lightworks rendering...not coming out as 'Materials'?

rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached.

RENDERING-ISSUE-SMALL.PNG
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
The settings that we need to see aren't showing... but you have one of two problems:

Either the 'white model' setting has been selected under the detailed settings (try selecting a different rendering scheme and see what you get ---only need to look at the preview image)... or...

Your materials have gotten hosed... the OpenGL material has absolutely nothing to do with the rendering material for CineRender... just as it had nothing to do with the material for LightWorks in years past. The factory materials are delivered 'coordinated' so that the materials pretty much match... but it is entirely possible to show wood for OpenGL and white paint for the CR setting. If trying a different rendering scheme doesn't show the materials... check the surface settings...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
Sorry Karl.
didn't specify here.............I'm using AC17 not 18 with the "white model' button.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
More sorry... I obviously did not read that you said "Lightworks". So, my step 2 of your materials being hosed is the most likely issue.

Check the material for those shelves and look at the OpenGL appearance vs LightWorks appearance.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
no worries Karl,
here's what I've had to do.
Go into EACH and every material we have in this project...then do the "match internal render engine" to each one...then simply exit the materials dialogue box and hope it "stays" put.
MATERIALS-ISSUE.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
they ALL (all the materials in this project) have that "grey" appearance.....hopefully the "match internal engine" solves that issue....I hope.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Either something corrupted your attributes (the factory attributes DO match out of the box) - or someone intentionally made all of those gray. Very unlikely (not impossible - but never reported to my knowledge) for the LW materials to go 'blank' on their own.

[There was an attribute manager bug when the LW engine first came out with AC many versions ago (cannot recall which)... that was fixed in a hotfix... but which caused some corruption similar to this. But, that was years ago.]
rob2218
Enthusiast
it sucked....had to enter EVERY material on this job and match the internal render engine......geeez...I don't think anyone actually went in there to do that intentionally but...what'evs.....
thanks, Karl.
Karl wrote:
Either something corrupted your attributes (the factory attributes DO match out of the box) - or someone intentionally made all of those gray. Very unlikely (not impossible - but never reported to my knowledge) for the LW materials to go 'blank' on their own.

[There was an attribute manager bug when the LW engine first came out with AC many versions ago (cannot recall which)... that was fixed in a hotfix... but which caused some corruption similar to this. But, that was years ago.]
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Sorry I got tied up and didn't write more sooner... but you should have been able to use Attribute Manager to overwrite all of those materials with materials from a working 17 project or factory template... if the material attribute numbers lined up for easy over-writing at least. Something to keep in mind if it happens again.

Quite the mystery why it happened to you...Bummer.